Sunday, February 11, 2007

Fighting with the Software

spent the day trying to make my home studio software produce something as an end result that sounded like what I was putting into it. It kept on producing bits and pieces of music that sounded like they were recorded underwater, or in a cathedral with me at one end and the mic at the other and the piano up in the bell tower. Finally got something up that resembles what I recorded... a version of My Funny Valentine. Its up on myspace.com/bremnerduthie . Getting it uploaded through this slow connection was yet another story. I once had a friend who designed large software programs for companies and he said that if he could get the ratio between the amount of work negotiating the program and the amount of productive work done by the user on the program to about 60/40 then he was pretty delighted... After today I know what he meant...

No comments: