Monday, December 10, 2007

words words

so now I'm sure these bastards are just playing with my mind....ya wander through Tokyo for hours and and there's nonsensical english everywhere and they lull you into the idea that nobody here really speaks the language much, and they throw it up right left and centre in these absurd ads... and then suddenly 'wham' they hit you with these....

this is the sign for a restaurant in Shibuya district,(click on the image to read the fine print) and the next is the name of a high end jewelry store...






cunning devils they are...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As if they don't do the same thing in Paris....er...or maybe it's because I live in Chinatown I notice that.

Whatever...

Been great reading your adventures! And I'm sure you're taking plenty of notes for when I ask you to pen the Naughty Japan Guide for me. ;)

Bises,
Heather