Friday, February 15, 2008

Cruel and Unusual Punishment




For Drivers that is... personally I'm loving it. Toronto is experiencing the heaviest snowfall in years. The streets have about 4 feet of snow in huge piles between the sidewalk and streets. The temperatures are sitting around - 5 to - 12 so it's not going anywhere. And tonight there is another huge dump of snow promised with up to 20 centimeters coming down.





Now I'm sure Jane Jacobs is smiling from on high somewhere. I live in a neighbourhood where everything is within walking distance. Public transit gets me anywhere that I need to get to outside of the neighbourhood. I don't mean to be smug, but watching the news reports of the chaos every morning and night on the arterial Highway 401 as commuters and snow removal teams fight it out to beat the snow... well, sometimes you wonder what they were thinking as they hopped into the car and decided to drive to work...


No comments: