Saturday, March 15, 2008

A Night out in Toronto the Good, and strange

So, I wandered out to see an Icelandic new music/pop band play at the Drake hotel which a relatively pretentious art hotel that has a couple of venues and they were fine, a little minimalist, but kind of charming, in a artlessly artful kind of way. And then I wandered on over to the Gladstone to see if I could get a burger... well, the kitchen was closed, but it was probably because everyone in the hotel, and most likely the chefs as well, were in the Ballroom, watching a new local sport that's cropped up here - competitive pillow fighting... I'm not sure how much is the lure of sport or how much is the lure of watching girls in pigtails and little kilts whack each other with pillows....





luckily the lakeview lunch was still open on the way home... so I managed to get a grilled cheese and fries in one of it's faded art deco diner booths

No comments: