Monday, June 01, 2009

I'm Big in Japan

Well, last night I googled to see if the album's digital distribution had been set up yet by my distributor - the wonderful indie group cdbaby - and instead found this eye popping page.

bremner duthie

[ 前の作品 | 次の作品 ]
The Sky Was Blue
発売元:
曲リスト
トラック 試聴 購入 / 価格
01: Lover Come Back to Me
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
02: Again
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
03: Court and Spark
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
04: Chelsea Hotel No. 2
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
05: Secret Heart
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
06: Pale Blue Eyes
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
07: Some of These Days
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
08: Whisper Not
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
09: Angel Eyes
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
10: Love Me or Leave Me
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
11: Sweethearts On Parade
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
12: Heaven
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円
13: Court and Spark (Slight Return)
試聴 試聴
曲を購入
150円



I can't really describe how much ridiculous pleasure it gives me to see the first commercial appearance of the album be in Yen and Japanese (see the actual page here http://download.music.yahoo.co.jp/shop/ic/11/281856353-316831191 )

I know the price because on tour in Japan I only ever figured out a couple of letters, but the sign for Yen ( 円 ) was the obvious one to need to understand. To memorize it I thought of him as a shy little character with one foot turned in awkwardly. I still find him a cute, endearing little guy. The price for one track is about the price for the pair of Japanese socks I'm currently wearing (don't know if that has any existential meaning)

So, I'm now expecting the big phone call from Tokyo. Hopefully the album will go to #1 with the harajuku crowd so I can tour smokey bars filled with folk who look like this:




or this



or even this!




meanwhile the album is now up for sale in a more comprehensible format at itunes and directly from cdbaby (just click on the links to get there), and you can listen directly to all the tracks at Myspace. No physical discs yet... just the ethereal digital realm...

No comments: