Thursday, June 28, 2007

And fun was had by all



Some photos of the 'launch' on Tuesday night. It was a great event (speaking personally...'cause I certainly had a great time!). We had a really nice crowd at the 7 Lezards jazz bar. It is a tiny bar of 60 seats at the most, so our 40 or 45 folks really filled it up nicely. And the sound is fabulous.... We sang Chelsea Hotel by Leonard Cohen without mics and I think it was one of the highlights. Two sets, with all the songs from the album, and one composition from the pianist Remi Amblard.



It was a little rough getting going... mostly in getting a good feeling for playing the songs live and not being in a rehearsal hall or in the studio... and, I guess, because we really had no idea how people were going to react to the arrangements. But by the 2nd set all of us on stage began to relax into it and it began to get moving.



Now I have to get back into the studio and do a final mix on the songs and then there's a couple of months off the whole project - I'm heading to Vancouver to help my mom put up her art show and when I return at the end of July all of France will be on vacation - so there's not a lot to be done till the beginning of September. I'll keep blogging here and at www.parislovesjazz.com on the next developments




No comments: