Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Songs for All

Songs for All

I'm pleased and delighted to say that I stumbled out of the Bopcity studios last night (after a long day of watching a sound engineer mix tracks - odd how that can be sooo tiring) with the first mastered tracks from my new album 'The Sky Was Blue'. It's an album of standards with a jazz quartet, but it ain't necessarily a jazz standards album.... there's some crooner stuff, there's some caramelized, tangy pop, there's the saddest new-wave song ever written and there's a funk version of a joni mitchell tune. (trying to cover all the demographics....)

And, in this age of instant access and globalization I walked out of the studio last night with high quality digital masters and they are now available worldwide on my 'myspace' site as low quality digital mp3's. The site is www.myspace.com/bremnerduthie . I hope you enjoy the ones up there. I only have place for four or five, so I'll be rotating them over the next few days, so check back in if you enjoy what you hear. I'll have them up on CDBaby in the next few weeks for high quality downloads

all the best
Bremner

p.s. for those in Paris, I'll be doing them in concert with the quartet at the 7 Lezards jazz bar, 10 rue de Rosiers on the 26th of June at 21h.

No comments: