Wednesday, March 28, 2007

The Carpet of the North



Well, we seem to be leaving the harsh realities of the frozen north. Whitehorse is a good half way point... lots of snow and ice but things are slightly 'softer'. Voila - a picture of my feet on the carpeting (!) of one of the local bars. We eventually were driven out of this bar by the incessant always-on wide screen TV's that surrounded us with the intimate details of Anna Nicole Smith's love life: god it's been nice to be away from that stuff for three months.

Had a great response to Whiskey Bars on Saturday night. A fabulous little black box theatre that was incredibly intimate and also incredibly live, so I could play with the songs as much as I wanted and I was really close to the audience. It's my favorite way to do the show. It went fabulously. I had thought that it would be a free show, but the organizers decided to use it as a fundraiser for their theatre space and so we had a really enthusiastic full house of every theatre person in Whitehorse... which means they got all the theatre jokes, which always livens up the evening and the whole thing raised a bunch of money for theatre in Whitehorse.




No comments: