Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Troglodytes



Wandered across the river with Barclay to see the ice hut that I've been watching grow over the course of the last three months. I found it to be a nice little ice fishing hut that someone has lavished attention on. Huge ice-glass windows and a radio stuck in the walls with a deep hole in the river ice.





Then I wandered up the trail that led from it to the cliff face. Thought I'd find just some gear stashed, or a place to shelter from the wind. Instead I found someone's house! Dawson has some people seriously committed to roughing it. The dogs inside started barking and a gruff voice asked me what I wanted... I beat a hasty retreat and continued my wander down the river and pondered the many possibilities of what is a home...





and the song for the day will be Sweethearts on Parade... another old jazz era tune by a Canadian... up tomorrow at www.myspace.com/bremnerduthie

No comments: