Friday, March 23, 2007

Comings and Goings



Well, I'm off. The Air North plane leaves for Whitehorse at 3:15 (though with the blowing sideways snow who knows what time it will get to Dawson from the Inuvik/Old Crow/Fairbanks run). The light is now about 50/50 and the thaw has started with huge slides of snow pounding into the ground from various tin roofs around the Town. The City has moved snowplows and dump trucks and they are scraping the top foot of snow and ice off the streets (I guess it's easier to do now then when it turns to slush). We've had one last drink at the best bar in town (perhaps in the north) and admired their canoes and their gallery of paintings. It seems like a good time to get moving. I'll be in Whitehorse for a few days, then I meet up with Lisa there and then we head to Vancouver and Toronto and then home to Paris. I'll miss our temporary home in the north... we have to come back sometime in summer...






I'll put up one more 'Song of The Day' on myspace and then that will be done for a week or so while I try and edit the ones I have into some sort of functional mix....

No comments: