Thursday, March 15, 2007

A Song a Day

While staring out at the cold northern landscapes and watching the icicles get longer on the eaves and cheering on the Dog Mushers I've been working on a whole set of standards that I'll be rehearsing in April and performing in May and recording in June in Paris.

The quartet that I've been working with should be the same, (though the amazing bassist Tomasso Montagnagni might be continuing his studies in Brazil in June, so his sounds might sadly be missing from the concerts that month). And in preparation for that I've set myself the challenge of a new arrangement everyday for the next few weeks... so I'll be arranging the track, recording the vocals and mixing them down by the end of each day. I'll be posting them daily at myspace.com/bremnerduthie The first one is up now- a little number called Some of These Days (written by a Canadian- Shelton Brooks)

They'll all be pretty rough and ready but it's a way of trying out some new ideas and new vocals. If you have any comments don't hesitate to drop me a message here or at myspace or at bremner@bremnerduthie.com

cheers...

No comments: