Saturday, March 10, 2007

Its too damned hot




Warming trend up here in the North: -20 these days...which is a great relief from the -53 that it hit about ten days ago. They had to cancel one of the dog treks that were going on because their kerosene began to freeze so they couldn't cook. It feels positively balmy... I was wandering around with my jacket open and Lisa was complaining about how hot she was in her winter coat. I did a free show of my Kurt Weill revue - Whiskey Bars - at the local arts centre so I'm glad it was warm enough to let the audience make it out of their houses. The show went over wonderfully.... great response from the audience.

I have to admit that when it hit the deep minus temperatures I didn't go out to much, but the cabin fever let me get lots of work done - I recorded and mixed a new version of the absolutely beautiful song Whisper Not and got that up on my space ( myspace.com/bremnerduthie ) and continued work on the theatre piece that I've been puzzling over for about a year now.

Now that it's 'warm' this weekend we're going to head off down the frozen river and visit the ruins of a paddle steamer that lie a mile or so past the town, and next weekend my old friend drives up from Whitehorse and we might take the chance to drive up the Dempster Highway towards the Arctic Circle...

No comments: